Sunday, December 2, 2007

First Post

Original title for this post, huh? I'll be honest, I'm a little bit at a loss right now because of "money issues". So creativity is shot.

"We" collect. Meaning... my husband does. But like with everybody, money is tight. Today we went to the Rocket City HotWheelers' show to see if anyone was buying. They aren't. And what he is trying to sell would be too expensive to run the chance of it not selling on eBay.

I want to sell crocheted items on Etsy, but I feel my items may not be original enough. I do try to adjust my prices accordingly, though.

The things I do collect tend to be Wonder Woman related. But I would not go out of my way to spend big dollars on items on my own. I always have to say "No, I really don't need another statue...". Sigh.

My husband is working on downsizing his habit, and wants to get rid of things. He has a list of Hot Wheels, Gentle Giant Star Wars items, and comics he wants to sell. Maybe by getting these lists on the web, I can help him.

I have made a few small items for Etsy, but I have been guilty of not finishing a baby gift from September. I really like the small items better - I guess I like near-instant gratification of creating... SOMETHING. A few more days, though, and this baby blanket will be done. Darn having to work - it would be done much sooner!

So, perhaps with this blog I can vent, post project pics, and maybe even get a little input as to what I can create. Are you game?

No comments: